The Bank of New York Mellon is a depositary bank under the Global Depositary Receipts programme.
VTB shares are traded under the Global Depositary Receipt (GDR) Programme. Each VTB GDR is equivalent to 2,000 VTB ordinary shares. GDRs are traded on the London Stock Exchange under the VTBR LI ticker. The Bank of New York Mellon is a major depositary bank for companies issuing their shares under the Depositary Receipt Programme. Its market share accounts 68%. The Bank of New York Mellon provides a whole range of services for its clients, starting from a programme launch. The Depositary Bank offers numerous activities aimed at promoting Depositary Receipts of the issuer in the market.
More information on VTB `s depositary bank can be found below:
The Bank of New York Mellon
101 Barclay Street, 22nd Floor,
New York, New York 10286
The largest depositary for JSC VTB Bank ordinary registered shares is VTB24.
VTB 24 offers custody services as follows:
- Opening of a custody account of a securities owner, nominal holder or fiduciary in order to safe-keep the relevant certificates and/or record titles to securities;
- Entering into an agreement of the custody account trustee to handle customer accounts
- Dealing with major trading settlement custodians
- Re-registration of securities in the owner`s registers
- Collection of securities income from the issuers, distribution and credit of the same to to cash accounts of customers;
- Coupons payment and redemption with cash credited to cash accounts of customers;
- Delivery of information on the issuer intended for shareholders to customers, including distribution of voting ballots and news on corporate actions;
- Primary control of the incoming documents for the re-registration in line with requirements imposed by registrars, tracking trades, holding consultations on completing documents for transactions;
- Blocking securities upon customer instructions related to their pledge, settlement or any other transactions with the Bank of Russia;
- Handling promissory notes;
- Special custodian services.