Andrey Kostin has served as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of VTB Bank since 2002.
The Chairman and CEO oversees the day-to-day running of VTB Bank to meet the Bank’s targets and implement its strategy. The position reports to the General Shareholders Meeting and the Supervisory Council.
The Chairman and CEO’s terms of reference cover all matters related to the day-to-day management of the Bank, except for those that fall within the exclusive competence of the General Shareholders Meeting or the Supervisory Council.
The Supervisory Council may any time decide on early termination of the mandates of the Chairman and CEO or members of the Management Board, terminate agreements made with them and decide on putting in place new executive bodies for the Bank.
The Chairman and CEO may:
- inter alia operate on behalf of the Bank without power of attorney, represent its interests, enter into trades and sign documents on behalf of the Bank;
- decide on establishing or disbanding internal structural divisions of the Bank or a branch of the Bank, except for decisions on opening a sub-office of the Bank;
- approve staff appointments, issue orders and give instructions binding on all Bank staff;
- issue powers of attorney, establish procedures for signing agreements and contracts and issuing powers of attorney, and decide on officials authorized to represent the Bank before third parties;
- act as an Employer in labor relations under the Russian Labor Code, appoint and dismiss employees, reward the best employees and impose disciplinary sanctions.
The Chairman and CEO may delegate decision-making
on any matter within his terms of reference to members of the Management Board, general managers of the Bank’s branches and representative offices, or any other person.
In the absence of the Chairman and CEO, his role is fulfilled by a member of the Management Board, either the First Deputy Chairman or any other member of the Board authorized by order of the Chairman and CEO.