4 June 2010
4 June 2010, JSC VTB Bank held its Annual General Shareholders Meeting under the chairmanship of Alexey Ulyukaev, First Deputy Chairman of the Bank of Russia, member of JSC VTB Bank Supervisory Council. The meeting took place at the Russia State Concert Hall, with more than 530 of the Bank’s shareholders and shareholders’ representatives attending.
At the meeting, the shareholders participated in the discussion and voting for 17 issues put on the Agenda, namely:
- Approval of the Regulation on the Procedure for Preparing, Convening and Holding JSC VTB Bank General Shareholders Meetings.
- Approval of the Regulation on JSC VTB Bank Supervisory Council.
- Approval of the Regulation on JSC VTB Bank Management Board.
- Approval of the Regulation on JSC VTB Bank Statutory Audit Commission.
- Restructuring of JSC VTB Bank in the form of JSC VTB Bank North-West merging into it.
- Approval of the new edition of JSC VTB Bank Charter.
- Approval of JSC VTB Bank Annual Report.
- Approval of JSC VTB Bank Annual Financial Statements including Profit and Loss Statement (JSC VTB Bank Profit and Loss Account).
- Approval of JSC VTB Bank profit allocation for the year 2009.
- Amount, time and form of 2009 dividend payment.
- Payment of remuneration to JSC VTB Bank Supervisory Council members who are not state employees in compliance with JSC VTB Bank by-laws.
- Approval of the number of JSC VTB Bank Supervisory Council members.
- Election of JSC VTB Bank Supervisory Council members.
- Approval of the number of JSC VTB Bank Statutory Audit Commission members.
- Election of JSC VTB Bank Statutory Audit Commission members.
- Approval of JSC VTB Bank’s Auditor.
- Approval of interested party transactions to be entered into by JSC VTB Bank during its standard commercial business.
Addressing the shareholders were: Andrey Kostin, JSC VTB Bank President – Chairman of the Management Board, Andrey Puchkov, JSC VTB Bank Deputy Chairman, Herbert Moos, JSC VTB Bank Deputy Chairman,
Summarizing the discussions, Andrey Kostin said: “Amid the financial crisis and economic recession, the Bank finished the 2009 financial year with a positive net profit. Sustained resource base, control over loan portfolio quality and expenses, customer confidence in VTB brand: all these factors provided VTB with a solid platform for its business growth in the current economic recovery. Moreover, this year we are to develop a new development strategy for the period up to 2013. It will be based on our aspiration to shift from building up the Bank’s market share to increasing the Group’s shareholder value to meet the interests of our shareholders. The new ambitious targets the Bank has set are sure to be reached only with the support and understanding of our shareholders“.
Voting results for all the issues on the Agenda of JSC VTB Bank Annual General Shareholders Meeting are to be published within the deadlines set by the applicable legislation.
Back to the list