On 30 July 2009, VTB held the First meeting of the Consultative Council, the Bank’s independent body established to ensure efficient feedback between VTB and its minority shareholders.
Vladislav Kudinov, an independent member of the jury became the moderator of the meeting. Nikolay Tsekhomsky, Member of the Board, also took part in the meeting.
Ten elected members took part in the Council, namely:
1. Oleg Yu. Anisimov, Editor-in-chief, Finans magazine;
2. Tatyana B. Buravtseva, Head of Business Development Department, Elf Market;
3. Leonid V. Volkov, Associate professor for the Economics and Crisis Management Department of the Finance Academy;
4. Sergey A. Gavrilov, Deputy Chairman of the State Duma Transport Committee;
5. Elena V. Popova, Professor of Russian Academy of Sciences;
6. Vasily V. Sidorov, Chairman of the Board, Telecom Express;
7. Vladimir A. Tarachev, Co-Chairman of the Consumers Union of Russia;
8. Dmitry A. Udalov, Organizer of the minority shareholders union;
9. Gleb G. Fetisov, Chairman of Macroeconomic Regulation and Planning Department, Lomonosov Moscow State University;
10. Anatoly V. Shuyskiy, Chairman of Russian Business Analysts Association.
VTB Shareholders Consultative Council holds the First meeting.
All VTB individual shareholders aged over 21 were allowed to run for membership in the Consultative Council. In order to participate in candidate selection, shareholders had to send an application for membership in the Council. Applications were accepted from 1 May to 5 June 2009. Out of 186 applications, the independent jury selected 30 contestants for 10 seats in the Council.
For detailed information on VTB Shareholders Consultative Council, please refer to the Consultative Council page at the Bank’s website.