Select your city:
Moscow

VTB Bank call center

+7 (800) 200-77-99
+7 (495) 739-77-99
For general information and enquiries

VTB Group continues financing to key spheres of Russian economy

 
18 May 2009

In early 2009, in accordance with the instructions from the Russian Government, VTB Group continued to increase the volume of resources channeled into the Russian economy.  In April, the Russian banks of VTB Group provided over RUB 144 billion in loans to corporate customers and households.
     
Vast resources were granted to companies operating in telecommunication industry - over RUB 67 billion, construction and construction materials industry - over RUB 8.6 billion, oil and gas complex - over RUB 7.3 billion, trade companies over RUB 4.8 billion, transport enterprises over RUB 3.6 billion, and electric power industry - over RUB 3.4 billion. Federal and municipal authorities enjoyed active financial support, raising over RUB 1.3 billion, defense and space industries received over RUB 8 billion, and agribusiness  - over RUB 2.9 billion. Small- and medium-sized customers were provided with new loans exceeding RUB 6.4 billion.

VTB Group also continued its socially oriented activity to finance households. In April 2009 individuals raised loans totaling over RUB 18 billion, with mortgage loans exceeding RUB 1 billion, and auto loans - RUB 1.8 billion.


For reference:

VTB Group is a leading Russian financial group with a strong tradition in Russia and the CIS, and a presence in 18 countries around the world. The Russian Government is VTB's majority shareholder, with a 77.5% holding. The remaining 22.5% of the shares are traded on the RTS and MICEX in Russia, and VTB's global depositary receipts are traded on the London Stock Exchange. VTB offers a wide range of services in corporate, retail and investment banking in Russia, some other CIS states and a number of countries in Western Europe, Asia and Africa. As of 31 December 2008, VTB was the second largest financial group in Russia by assets (USD 126 billion) and by customer accounts (USD 37.5 billion). VTB Group is among the top three national retail banks with a network of 1020 outlets in Russia and the CIS. In 2008, VTB launched its Investment Banking business - VTB Capital, which operates from Moscow, London and Singapore offices.


Back to the list



VTB group news subscribe
  • E-mail subscribe
  • RSS lent
    Subscribe
    Subscribe
Download the list of cities.....