Documentary operations are a robust and successful business at VTB Bank, which has traditionally been a powerful global trade solutions provider. VTB Bank handles transactions involving letters of credit, documentary collection, and bank guarantees.
VTB Bank is a leading global trade services provider. Our letters of credit and bank guarantees are accepted without security or additional guarantees from other world-class banks by:
— Russian and foreign banks and institutions;
— Russian federal executive bodies such as the Federal Customs Service, the Federal Taxation Service, the Federal Service for Financial Markets, the Federal Service for Alcohol Market Regulation, and foreign government agencies.
VTB Bank provides the entire range of banking services, offering clients comprehensive solutions for foreign trade transactions and lease contracts:
1) We offer the following trade finance instruments:
- letters of credit, ranging from simple to complex and structured;
- rouble-denominated letters of credit for settlements between companies in Russia;
- documentary and clean collections;
2) We handle transactions involving guarantees;
3) We assist in structuring settlements on foreign trade deals and deals between resident companies in Russia, including tailor-made solutions combining various forms of settlement, trade finance and credit instruments.
4) We advise clients on using documentary credit, collections and guarantees at any stage of a deal, including while developing contract terms and conditions.
Why VTB Bank?
- Our highly qualified team has extensive experience in guarantee transactions, as well as documentary credit and collection, especially with complex, sophisticated and unique settlement arrangements.
- VTB Bank has branches in large industrial centres and seaports in Russia.
- VTB Bank has branches in China (Shanghai) and India (New Delhi).
- VTB Bank has a broad network of foreign subsidiaries, including banks and representative offices in Europe, Asia and Africa, as well as the countries of the former Soviet Union; Our wide network of correspondent banks ensures efficiency and reliability during settlements in any country.
- VTB Bank offers tailor-made solutions.
- VTB Bank never uses intermediaries or third parties. We work directly with all of our clients.
- VTB Bank is a member of influential organisations such as the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Commission on Banking Technique and Practice, the ICC Russia Banking Commission, and the Association of Russian Banks, in which we are an active working group participant. VTB Bank is also the founder and an active participant in the National Payment Council and the Moscow Government Public Consultative Council for Relations with Credit Organisations.
VTB Bank offers clients trade finance awareness booklets and guidelines:
1) Recommendations on foreign trade transactions:
— general guidelines for contractual payment arrangements,
— general guidelines for using letters of credit for settlement under foreign trade contracts,
— general guidelines for using bank guarantees,
— general guidelines for formalising payment arrangements in export contracts,
— general guidelines for formalising payment arrangements in import contracts.
2) Information letters for clients on using rouble-denominated letters of credit for settlements in Russia.
3) Information letters on changes in the foreign trade regulatory framework and other issues.
VTB Bank offers free seminars and hands-on conferences for clients on transactions involving letters of credit, documentary collection, and guarantees. For more information about how to participate in our trade finance awareness events, please call our Documentary Services Department, or a local VTB branch.
Please note that the clients of VTB Bank offices subordinated to the VTB North-Western Regional Centre are entitled to these services on special conditions.