A Leader of the Russian Banking Sector
VTB is one of the leaders of the national banking sector and maintains solid competitive positions in all segments of the banking market.
VTB has the highest ratings among Russian banks from international rating agencies Moody’s Investors Service, Standard & Poor’s and Fitch.
An Extensive Network Both in Russia and Abroad
VTB Group’s geographic presence is unique. As well as the CIS countries, VTB Group operates in Western Europe, Asia and Africa. Among VTB Group members are the dedicated retail bank VTB24 and the investment bank VTB Capital plc.
The bank has long-standing partnerships with leading global investment banks, rating agencies, and audit and consulting companies.
The VTB Group team responsible for refinancing and securitisation has gained unique expertise both in the domestic market and on the global capital markets. In 2008 the team was recognised as the «Best securitisation house in CIS» by EMEA Finance and in 2009 as the «Best securitisation house in CIS» and the «Best structured finance deal in EMEA» by EMEA Finance (Bank VTB24’s US$470 million RBMS deal).
Projects implemented by the team include innovative transactions of Russian assets.
Among them are:
- securitisation of the car loan portfolio of SOYUZ Bank — the first securitisation of Russian assets;
- securitisation of the mortgage portfolio of Vneshtorgbank — the first securitisation of mortgages in Russia;
- securitisation of the mortgage portfolio of City Mortgage Bank — the first Russian experience of securitisation with a warehouse facility;
- after the financial crisis of 2008, initial transactions for the securitisation of the rouble and currency mortgage loan portfolios of VTB24 Bank were arranged, as well as the issuing of mortgage-backed securities of a number of partner banks, in particular, Vozrozhdenie and DeltaCredit;
- in 2012, jointly with the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFG, the cross-border securitisation of the Bank VTB24 car loan portfolio was arranged for the first time since the financial crisis of 2008.
VTB participates in the programmes of the Agency for Housing Mortgage Lending to arrange the purchase of mortgage-backed
Having the necessary infrastructure and skills, VTB Group is ready to assume a central role in arranging the refinancing of assets, the securitisation and batch support of securitisation transactions as a settlement agent, servicing bank and specialised depositary for mortgage collateral.
Arrangement of Individual Securitisation Deals
For banks with considerable portfolios of assets, VTB offers services in arranging the refinancing and securitisation of their portfolios. Securitisation allows such banks to enhance their investor base and issue new types of collateralised bonds, improve the term structure of their balances, raise long-term resources, gain capital relief and improve ROE.
Batch Support for Securitisation Transactions
VTB Group has unique experience in the maintenance of securitisation as a settlement agent, servicing bank and specialised depositary for mortgage collateral. We are the only bank in the Russian banking system implementing this in full, from transactions to cash flow management with a high level of automatisation. Batch format services give customers significant benefits, ranging from cost savings to minimising any operational risks.
Acting as Master Servicer and Back-up Servicer
Due to VTB having the highest ratings among Russian banks from international rating agencies, the participation of VTB or its subsidiaries in securitisation deals as Master Servicer or Back-up Servicer allows us to take advantage in the process of assigning ratings to issued securities.