VTB is one of Russia’s largest custodian banks and provides a full range of depositary and related services for all types of securities.
- General Licence of the Bank of Russia No. 1000;
- Licences from the Federal Service for Financial Markets of 25 March 2003 for: depository (custody) activity No. 040-06497-000100;
- Federal Service for Financial Markets licence No. 22-000-0-00011 of 4 October 2000 of a specialised depositary of investment funds, mutual investment funds and non-state pension funds.
Key Performance Indicators for VTB Custody
- volume of assets under VTB Bank’s custody is over USD 80 billion;
- VTB Custody serves over 1,500 clients, including Russian and foreign banks, global custodians, brokers, management companies and funds;
- VTB Bank is a Russian custodian for The Bank of New York Mellon for 18 programs of global and US depositary receipts.
Compliance with international standards
- State ownership guarantees the financial stability of the organisation. Increased state control ensures constant monitoring of the bank’s compliance with current legislation;
- Historically, the majority of companies operating in the Russian securities market hold custody accounts with VTB Bank, creating favourable conditions for internal settlements within VTB Bank;
- Diversification of the custodian client base: the share of any one client never exceeds 15% of the total assets under custody;
- Membership of VTB Group provides Custody clients with direct access to the broadest range of financial services provided by VTB Group.